Join Professor Baxter, Head of Muggle Tours (and a mean Potions Master as well) on a magical walking tour around Edinburgh. Unlock the secrets and discover the places that the marvellous muggle – J K Rowling – drew inspiration from when she was writing the incredible Harry Potter books in this historic city. Grab your wand and prepare to go on a voyage of discovery.
- Explore a spooky ghost-filled kirkyard where we will find the grave of “He who must not be named”
- Locate shops with wizarding connections along a real-life Diagon Alley
- Find the ultimate Potter Pilgrimage Place where J K Rowling spent time writing
- Discover places that have a magical similarity to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
- Reveal other connections between Edinburgh and the wizarding world
This walking tour is suitable for both children and adults, with opportunities to learn some spells and test your Potter knowledge in the fun trivia quiz to see which house at Hogwarts is the best. Professor Baxter welcomes muggles on this tour, even if they are not Harry Potter fans, they will enjoy the historical stories from Edinburgh’s fascinating past all told with a light-hearted twist.
Check out availability and start times below. Tours last between 75 and 90 minutes.
Outside The National Museum of Scotland, Chambers Street, EH1 1JF
The walk is suitable for all ages as long as they can walk for 90 minutes. It is suitable for those who haven’t read any Harry Potter books or watched the movies.
Children (8-15) £7.50
Children (7 and under) Free
Walking tour with a professional guid
What’s NOT included
Entry to any paid attractions